What I am up to....

Monday, November 17, 2008

Week #2

I can describe this last week in one word, "OUCH!" My legs are not as accustomed to biking as I initially thought they were. Tuesdays workout began with 3 intense bike intervals followed by a run. I had meetings all day that required me to be sitting for hours. The entire time my legs were twitching. Needless to say "twitching" became the norm after every workout. As the week progressed, the symptoms of adaption slowly subsided. This week also taught me that 'OLD MAN WINTER' is coming. The PLAN says "Take 5 seconds and get your shoes on. Hit the road for this run." I don't think that Coach Rich and Coach Patrick understand that it requires much more then 5 seconds to get bundled up and run outside in November IN Minnesota. It takes 30 seconds just to get on the running tights on an already sweaty body. Then all of the other gear needs to be put on. If any thing, I will get wicked fast and getting dressed and improve my T1 time. Taking my cloths off is not a problem.

Having a big fan helps but makes the PIAN cave/TV room look a little sloppy. I keep on telling the kids that if they don't keep their rooms clean, "Daddy might turn your room into my workout room." Annika (my 5 year old) tells me that I smell and she doesnt want her room to smell like Daddy. When Annika gets up early in the morning, she usually finds her way into my arms and cuddles. Thursday morning, she came down stairs wrapped in her blanket and told me that my 'smell' woke her up and that she was 'going to go cuddle with mommy.' This week I might purchase some air fresheners and hag them all over the my bike.

Things happening this week:

Endurance Nation's virtual marathon relay challenge. I am getting together with 3 of my team mates and running a leg of a marathon around Lake Calhoun. This will be a fun event where we can have fun running in the cold together!! Video to follow
Other news to report:

No, thats not mine. I am an UNCLE!! My brother in-law had his first baby on Sunday!! She is such a LITTLE baby weighing only 5lbs. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment